We believe that sustainable success can be reached only through people. No other asset in the company is as important as the people that contribute with their work to our culture and our business results. Therefore, we devote all the necessary energy and attention to protect employees.
TAV Urban Georgia is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and the protection of our people, our property and the environment. Hazards and risks to health and safety will be eliminated or minimized, as far as is reasonably practicable.
We set and maintain high standards of health and safety, which aim to match or exceed current industry best practices. We meet these commitments by implementing a comprehensive approach to health and safety and continually improving safety performance - in accordance with the principles below. We provide the leadership, management support, communications and resources necessary to do so.
TAV Urban Georgia recognizes that we have legal obligations with regards to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the general public, who are affected by our activities. We will strive not only to comply with the letter of current health and safety legislation and approved codes of practice, but also the spirit in which they were written.
TAV Urban Georgia is committed to:
• At very least meeting all Occupational Health and Safety legislation and guidelines relevant to the company and in most cases far exceed any requirements in order to prevent injury and ill health.
• prevention of injury and ill health, the minimization of risk and the continual improvement of health and safety through audit and the monitoring of occupational Health and Safely performance.
• Ensuring that all employees are made aware and understand this policy and their individual Occupational Health & Safety obligations. To this end employees must be fully committed to health & safety to protect themselves, other employees and others who may be affected by their activities.
• Conducting Risk assessments of all appropriate activities and fully documenting and implementing measures to achieve satisfactory control.
• To ensure a systematic approach to identifying hazards, assessing the risk, determining suitable and sufficient control measures and informing employees of the correct procedure.
• Hazard identification, risk assessment and control measures will be used to ensure that employees, other contractors, occupiers of premises and members of the public do not have their health and safety adversely affected by work operations.
• Ensuring that all personnel are trained to the highest of standards for any duties they are required to perform, and eventualities that may arise as detailed on the Company risk assessments.
• Communicating the promotion of the health & safety of employees is paramount and con-tributes to the success of the business.
• Each employee has responsibility for their own safety and the health and safety of their colleagues and other persons in and around the workplace. Employees are provided with adequate supervision, training, information, instruction and equipment to adopt safe working methods and work competently.
TAV Urban Georgia will provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe places and systems of work, safe plant and machinery, safe handling of materials and substances, the provision of adequate safety equipment and ensure that appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision is given.
TAV Urban Georgia regards all health and safety legislation as the minimum standard and expects management to achieve their managerial targets without compromising health and safety.
Our Health and Safety Policy is monitored and periodically reviewed to ensure that it meets the companies’ legislative requirements, health & Safety objectives and targets.