Carbon Reduction Policy Statement
At Tbilisi International Airport we take sustainability extremely seriously and we are committed towards minimizing the impact which our business practices have on the wider environment.
We recognize that the energy, products and services it consumes cause the emission of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, which contribute to climate change. As part of our overall sustainability goals, we are devoted to continual improvement in the management and reduction of energy consumption and carbon emissions and committed to achieve Net Zero Emissions by 2050.
- Ensure any new development contributes to the sustainable energy strategy.
- Continually improve the energy efficiency of our existing estate
- Regularly monitor and review energy consumption against our reduction targets
- Ensure the availability of information and necessary resources are made available to achieve these goals, cost-effectively.
- Manage our Scope 3 emissions from waste, water, transport, products and services, via our ISO14001 Environmental Management System
- Promote energy awareness among our staff and student body
- Communicate progress to internal and external interested parties.
- Monitoring and analyzing energy consumption data for premises and vehicles to establish performance and identify trends and opportunities to further reduce consumption or achieve efficiency improvements.
- Ensuring energy efficiency is a key component of major capital expenditure projects, especially those relating to vehicles, premises, plant and equipment.
- Collaborating with our supply chain and innovative organizations to support the uptake of new low carbon technologies
- Developing and delivering carbon literacy training to all our employees, thereby working to integrate carbon reduction into the decision-making processes of our workforce.
Through our certified ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, we revise and update our carbon reduction policy on a regular basis which allows us to implement higher levels of sustainability and to ensure that it continues to be relevant and fit for purpose.